Monday, December 16, 2013

Choco Mint Heaven


Wow........ considering all of the responses from employees on my Christmas oreo mint drops, I should start my own bakery.

Some of the responses.... "heaven on earth", "to die for", "Killer" , "seriously deadly", and my favorite, "better than having ............."

So here is the recipe:

8 oz cream cheese, softened.
I package of Oreos (I used the "family size")
1 cup of Andes mints pieces
white chocolate or almond bark for dipping (I use guittard white melting chocolate)
sprinkles for decoration
little white paper cups (optional)

Pulse the cookies in a blender or food processor to make into crumbs.
Mix with the cream cheese in a mixer. At first you think it will never mix, but be patient, it will. Don't add any milk to it or anything.
Add the 1 cup of mint pieces and mix together.

Scoop little balls (I use the mini icecream scoop that I bought for scooping cookie dough) and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Put in the refrigerator for an hour, and then put in the freezer for about ten minutes. The scoop saves you from having to use your hands which could be a very messy deal.

Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on medium power for two minutes. Stir well.

Put one ball on a fork and hold over the white chocolate. Spoon the white chocolate completely over the ball. Let the excess drip off. Slide it onto the parchment covered sheet again. Immediately sprinkle with the sugar decorations before the chocolate dries.

Repeat with each ball. Put back in the refrigerator til the chocolate hardens.

You can trim off the drizzles and excess chocolate after it hardens. Put the drops in the little white cups and arrange on a pretty plate.

These are VERY rich so be sure you make them small. Seriously... a bite size is best.


2 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

You and I must be craving the same flavors. I just made peppermint oreo cheesecake bars but I couldn't find a recipe, so I made it up. Also, I've made regular oreo cream cheese truffles before and swore never to do it again because it was so messy. Those mini ice cream scoops are genius.

Hotflash said...

David wants me to make these for our dinner on Christmas Eve. He only got one. He was very disappointed they were for people at work. LOL