Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trip to Vermont


Well, we went to Vermont and came back all in one piece. Well, some of my pieces were black and blue, but at least they were still attached. I stepped on a rotten board on my dad's deck and fell through. Gave myself a wicked bruise.
While there I showed David my old stomping grounds. Putney Central, BUHS, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, Eden Park, General Store, Kimball Hill, West Hill, Putney School, Father's Restaurant, where most of my relatives lived at one time. The cemetary (where most of them are now.... ) and the Sugar House. And of course.... DUNKIN' DONUTS!


We drove all over the place and Dad had to give David a running commentary of the wells he drilled and how many gallons of water he got, and how many deer he shot and how many points they had....
David helped Dad move some of his woodpile because Dad can't do it anymore. He paid the price with a few spider bites that were really itchy and swollen.
It rained a lot when we were there. Dad has a hole in his roof and the water runs through the LIGHT FIXTURE and drips out in a steady stream. He has to get that fixed but it's so hard for a man who cannot see to find a roofing person in the phone book.






We made it back home -- barely. We had a connection in Detroit and had only a couple of minutes to get there and as we arrived, they were literally getting ready to give our seats away. We were so blessed to have made it in time.
We didn't get to visit too many people but we did see Donna and Rick and Katy and Brandon. I saw Tracy Brewer and Debbie Fitzpatrick. Caught of glimpse of Brian as he was cooking at the restaurant but it was lunch time and he was too busy to come out. But he waved. I told David I used to date Brian and he said, "That OLD man?" LOL...
Not sure when I will get back there. But hopefully not too long.

No comments: