Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shhhhh it's a secret!



4 years ago I bought my very first car... (well first that I did all by myself) and it was a 2004 Hyundai XG350 luxury car named Gwendolyn. I LOVED that car. I babied that car. But it has problems with getting flat tires and I had 9 blow outs in 2 years, so I thought it was cursed and I sold the car.
I've been driving my 2000 Cavalier for awhile which is a piece of junk car, but it got me where I needed to go. I had promised that car to my son when he got his license. Well, he got his license last month.
Friday, I was looking for an XG350 (they are VERY hard to find these days) and lo and behold, I found one, for a REALLY great deal. At that same point in time my son offered me more money for the Cavalier than it is even worth, and I took him up on it. So that gave me a really excellent down payment.
I got my new (well, used) XG350!! This one, I think, is a guy. My other was a white car, with a tan interior and her name was Gwendolyn. This one is silver exterior and black leather interior and I think it's got a "male" personality. It hasn't told me it's name yet.... we're still getting to know each other. (am I weird that my cars tell me what their names are????)
My Cavalier is named "Wilson" and it's a guy.
Anyhow.... I am excited. If I cancel my cable/internet/phone (which I don't use anyway) then that will make more than half of my monthly payment and I can handle the rest by budgeting better. I also anticipate a raise at the end of the year. I've got one every single year, and this year I have been working really hard and taken on more responsibility, so I am pretty sure I will be ok.
Plus, in April my stock matures and I can sell it if I need to.
So, I am really happy. It feels so good to drive that car!! I have missed my Gwendolyn so much!!!

2 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me you bought a car!! And I must inherit naming cars from you...my car's name is Betty and I just named Brett's jeep Russell. I also have named my plant--Bucky & Brett's gun--Chuck. Hee hee.

Hotflash said...

I was going to tell you when you came over yesterday but you thought I was not home....