Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I miss my mom.


Tomorrow is Jan 25 and it will be 5 years since I lost my favorite person in the whole world.

Mom was a quiet lady with a good heart who never wanted to hurt a fly. Though she would shoot squirrels if they got in her bird feeder.

She was a wonderful cook and for many years she did all kinds of crafts like embroidery, knitting, latch hook rugs, etc. I have several of her table cloths. I have passed one down to Karin and one to Bryttan.

Mom had a great sense of humor. We laughed a lot together. I miss her so very, very, VERY much and today..... it really hurts to think it's been FIVE whole years.

I used to call her every single day. Or close to it. For years and years. Then she got put on oxygen and it was hard for her to talk, so I couldn't call her as often and that was very hard on me.

Hardest of all was seeing her in a nursing home. The last Christmas we spent together in Vermont, she was at Eden Park. Donna, Megan, Katy and I (and Megan's girls) went to sing Christmas Carols to the old people (and mom). Mom was too distraught to really enjoy it.

And then exactly one month later she passed away.

Mom, I love you so very much and I miss you with all my heart. I hope and pray that you are in a place of peace and happiness. Until we meet again..... XXXOOO

2 comments:

travelady said...

Chokled me up, and brought a tear to my eye...I did not know her, she sounded alot like my mom...love you my cyber friend.

Hotflash said...

thanks Tracy. For some reason this anniv. of her death is especially difficult. I think because I'm now a Grandma and it puts things into a whole new perspective. And I wish she could be here to see her great-granddaughter.

But I'm sure she has seen her. Just from another room.