Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Second week of Green smoothies....





I haven't got sick of them yet. It's an excellent way to get a TON of veggies in me. Salads take forever to chew, but I can blend a smoothie and get a whole head of lettuce in me in very little time.

Today's smoothie has a whole banana,  a whole apple with skins, 3 oranges,  2 cups of spinach, 2 cups kale, a whole head of green lettuce (not iceberg, the good green kind), about 4 small dates, a teaspoon of manna, almond milk, chia seed,  2 sticks of celery, and 2 carrots.  (this makes enough for breakfast AND lunch)

Just a little tiny spoonful of manna gives your smoothie a tropical taste. Manna is pure coconut. Nothing added. It's good.

I just ordered some Maca root powder, Goji berries, and cacao to start experimenting with different flavors.

I have noticed that my cravings for anything junky are rapidly disappearing. If I am hungry, I really WANT to eat vegetables. That is so weird. Somebody brought donuts to work.... I was not even tempted. I usually get the munchies about 2pm and now I have raw broc and cauliflower with some ranch dressing and maybe a handful of nuts.

I've lost 5 pounds so far.

So, so far, so good.


No comments: