Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


The day after I got to Vermont, we received 2+ feet of snow.

Two days later we got another foot. My car was completely buried.... only the mirrors were sticking out (I have a photo that I will get on here eventually).

It took several days to shovel out. So dad and I were "snowed in" literally for most of the time I was there. It was hard work... he burns a wood stove for heat so I had to shovel a path to the woodpile several times... take the wheel barrow out and push it through the snow.... load it up with wood, push it back to the house, haul the wood in the house and stack it, and repeat. Over and over.

I don't know how my dad, at age 77, in his poor health, does it every day. He can carry in two armfuls of wood, but then has to sit for 10 minutes because his back and knees are in excruciating pain.

Speaking of pain.... I have only had TWO -- count em... TWO pain pills in the past 2 weeks. I cleaned my dads house top to bottom, I hauled wood, I shoveled a TON of snow, but I did not have pain bad enough to take a pill. (so ha! take that Dr. Holtye who thinks I am a drug seeker. I'm NOT.)

I see the pain management doc on Jan. 14 and I am excited to do so. I feel good about this place. They are going to put me in physical therapy again and hopefully find a non-narcotic med that will help me with the pain issues. I had an hour long intake interview on Monday and the gal was one of the nicest people I have ever talked to. We really hit it off.

I got David a Wii for Christmas and that gives a GREAT workout. I love it. Brian bought me an INCREDIBLY cool recumbant bike which has not arrived yet, but when it does, I start exercising on that and I am so excited to do so!

2009 is the year to watch me SHRINK. I am already eating WAY better than ever and moving around more than ever. I feel good about the changes and hope I keep em up!

No comments: