Monday, January 5, 2009

Check this out!


That was my car buried in Vermont over the Christmas holiday. The picture doesn't do it justice. There was so MUCH snow EVERYWHERE. I shoveled for HOURS. I don't know how my dad, who is 77 and in poor health, manages to survive there.
Back to work today. Sort of. I had to come in late because I was STILL waiting for the oven repairman to come fix my oven. I have not been able to bake since BEFORE Thanksgiving! For me, a person who bakes 4 times a week or more... it's been horrible. Anyhow they gave me a window of coming between 9am and Noon. He showed up at ten minutes to noon. So... I got to work about 12:45 and planned to work late but it just started snowing here and the roads are looking bad. Everybody at work bugged out early (including all the management). There are about 4 of us left here right now. I am going to leave soon though.
So, I have had only 3 pain pills in 3 weeks. Since I was taking 2 per day, that means that I have had 3 pills instead of 42! Wow! Woo hoo for me.
Now don't get me wrong.... I still hurt. But I am trying to live with the pain as best as I can. It just REALLY bothered me that my doc treated me like an addict. I guess I needed to prove to her and to myself that I am NOT. I have not had any type of withdrawal symptoms at all. I do take Advil, but that's non narcotic so I am fine taking that.
I went to Church yesterday for the whole 3 hours and did not even have any Advil. That's amazing.
Well, I am heading out. So I will discuss the impending death of my neighbor's daughter that is coming up another day. It's a long story, but a touching one.

No comments: