Monday, January 19, 2009

Botox for Pain


Friday I received my first 10 Botox injections in my shoulders. The injections themselves were not that bad despite the fact that I am sure that needle was 5 inches long. But the injections actually make you hurt MORE for about 5 days before they make you feel better. I'm still tender there.
Dr. Byrd sprayed a topical anesthetic on the skin to the injections would not hurt as much. He told me to avoid breathing it in as I might "lose a few brain cells". But I couldn't help but inhale some of it (I had to breathe!) and whew! I was flying high let me tell ya! I don't know what it was called but a person could get addicted to huffing that stuff real fast.
It's good that I am not into that sort of thing.
Tomorrow morning I get my cervical MRI. Tomorrow night I might go to a temple session with Karin and Brett.
Friday night my gal pals and I went to see "Gran Torino". Despite the fact that it employs every racist word known to man (and several I DIDN'T KNOW) it was one of the BEST movies I have ever seen. I laughed and laughed. And I cried and cried. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I want it.
It was REALLY excellent and I hope Clint Eastwood gets an award.
Well, I came in to work early today to actually WORK. So I better get busy before all the rest of the gang comes in.
Ciao.

No comments: