Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My life could have ended.....





First major snowstorm of the season hit Utah today. My commute to work was a commute from H-E-L-L.
But I count my blessings. I made it. Alive. JUST BARELY.
Heading down Redwood road (going north) and a big truck pulled out into the South bound lane going waaaaay too fast for conditions. He slid across all three lanes and headed straight for me. Fishtailing all over the place. It was like slow motion.... I remember thinking "Oh my gosh, he is going to hit me. I'm going to die." and then seconds before impact.... he managed to get control of the truck so he missed me by a hair.
I almost got sick. I think all the color drained from my face. I was shaking, and felt like I was going to pass out. But I was soooooooooo thankful that I was okay.
Talk about having your life flash before your eyes in seconds! I remember thinking about the family photos we took last night... and that they would be our last.... and that nobody would know to tell Fernando that I had died and he would still be coming here to meet me! Thoughts just flash through in an instant... I also thought "I'll never see my grandchildren!"
{{{{shudder}}}}} I don't want to think about that. I am so grateful I am ok. If this storm does not let up though... I am leaving work early. This is nuts.


No comments: