Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Peruvian Alfajores


I made these cookies for a Relief Society Cookie Exchange. OOOOH man they are sooo good. They are an almond shortbread biscuit type cookie with a rich caramel filling. Dusted with powdered sugar. I brought a couple to work to share and my friend Brianne, who served a mission in Ecuador, went NUTS over these and told me they were "the best alfajores" she had ever eaten, and she had eaten a LOT of them.
They are a lot of work, but they are worth it. If Fernando still comes to Salt Lake for Christmas, I will make some for him. He may not come because of the weather and road conditions.
I cannot wait for Friday. My neck is so bad..... I just want to cry. I hope this epidural works as well as the last one did.

1 comment:

Hotflash said...

The cookies were a HUGE hit. We had some sisters from Argentina who said that these were the BEST Alfajores they had ever had.

Pretty good for my first try. :-)