Monday, July 26, 2010

Who says fish are dumb?


My "April Fools" present (the fish in my cup) is still alive and swimming. I named him "George La Pez" which means "George The Fish" in english. He is no dummy. He gets so excited when I come to work in the morning! He sees me and starts practically jumping out of his tank. And he knows when he is going to get fed... he sees me reach for the food and he goes right up to the top of the tank in anticipation. And he is picky too. I have three different kinds of food for him and he wants what he wants... and if I feed him the wrong one... he won't eat it.
I thought cats and children were finicky!
Also... when I am at my desk.... he hovers on the left side of his tank -- the side closest to me.... he just stays there.... watching me.....
But if I move to the table to do work.... then he hovers over on the right side of his tank.... because that's the side closest to me if I am at the table.
It's so cute!! My little Georgie has personality!!!
Up until recently I wouldn't have cared if I came in and found him dead.... but NOW that I have noticed his excitement to see me.... and his personality.... I have bonded with the little bugger.
I think he needs a companion though. I may find him a girlfriend. :-) It's not good to be alone.

No comments: