Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday thoughts.....


It's been so long since I could access this blog... I have forgotten how to write!
Many thoughts in my head these days. Certain numbers keep popping up EVERYWHERE the past year and this year... Those numbers are 2, 7, 27, 11. George and I see them in EVERYTHING, so much so, that we no longer consider it a coincidence because it happens nearly daily... and in the middle of the night.... We don't know what the numbers mean.... but we know we'll figure it out eventually.
Well, George already thinks he has it figured out. But I'm a bit more skeptical on some of his theories.
Two big trips planned for this year. (well, big for us). George hasn't met my dad yet so we are planning to go visit him when the weather gets warmer. (NO WAY am I heading to New England at this time of year. Been there, done that... and it took 3 days to unbury my rental car).
And George's mom turns 80 this year and I have not met her yet so I would like to do so... so we hope to get to see her.
I'd also really like to go see my "sister" who has cancer, but I'm not sure she's up for visitors, and so we'll hold off on that for a little bit.
My lunch catering business is in high demand. I may have to invest in some more cookware because right now I can only make enough for about 8 people and twice that many want my lunches. We did flautas, beans and rice for our first lunch and it sold out. Tomorrow I am bringing homemade chicken noodle soup and some garlic bread or rolls. (I make the noodles from scratch and they are sooooooooooo good).
Anyhow.... I think this year will be "prosperous" and I hope we save up enough to get into another place. We decided to move, but then everything just blocked our way, and after pondering about it, and discussing it... we decided that we needed to take our time to find the "right" place. We were in such a hurry to just up and leave.... and hasty decisions are never good ones. So we've slowed down... we're going to sell off some stuff, and keep looking and we'll know when the time is right and the location is right because it will all fall into place.
Meanwhile.... we ignore the neighbors as best as we can.


3 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

Maybe 2/7 and 2/27 are mine and brian's and brett's birthdays and brett & i are turning 27 in 2011. Wow, I just solved it.

travelady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hotflash said...

Karin, you are partly right. The birthdays do fit into it. Absolutely. George's daughter's bday is 2-7, and my dad's is on a 27, and my mom died on the 25 (2 + 5 = 7), but there are other things too. We wake up OFTEN at EXACTLY 3:11 or 2:27... So many times this has happened!!! And I never look at the clock during the day at work... I'm not a clock watcher... but the ONE time I will glance at the clock it almost always 1:11. Or 2:27. ALWAYS.

George has always believed that if you are woken up in the middle of the night (not that you wake up, but that you are WOKEN up by something you don't see) then it means the Lord wants you to talk or listen and you should pray for whoever is on your mind at that time.

I believe it. I've been doing that for over a year now. And sometimes I wake up and George is kneeling by the bed praying. The still of the night is the best time to "listen".