Friday, July 13, 2012

I should know better......

 I know better. I know that I know better. So why did I sit in 103 degree temperature for over an hour with my car idling and the AC on full blast?

CUZ IT WAS HOT!

I had to drive to Farmington to pick up G from work and I was about 45 minutes early. There's no where to go and it was hot as you know where, so I sat in the car. With the AC on.

Then we drove to Taylorsville and had to stop at Lowes. I was hot and tired so I told G to go by himself and I would wait. In the car. With it running.

Dumb idea in many ways because funny as it seems I know my way around Lowes WAY better than he does. (I thought men had built in direction markers for hardware stores?)
Anyhow, he couldn't find what he was looking for (I could have found it in 5 minutes), and so I sat idling for another half hour. When we tried to leave Lowes... uh oh....

El coche no va!    (the car doesn't go!)

After letting it cool off it goes, but it doesn't act right. I would not dare to drive it to Farmington again... or very far from home at all.

So, sigh.............  I have an appt for service on Monday at 7:30am at the Hyundai place. Hope it doesn't cost us a fortune.

No comments: