Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Musings.....


So last night I dreamed that I was in a grocery store with my mom. But she was old, and sick, and in her nightgown. She was hooked up to oxygen and she kept telling me she was going to go outside for a cigarette. I told her not to, she had worked so hard to quit, why go back to it?
I could not find my way around the grocery store... I wanted to get some fresh veggies and was really craving butternut squash. But the aisles were all tilted and zig zagged and I kept ending up where there was just tons of junk food!
I could see the produce section off in the distance, but could not get there.
Finally I found a big beautiful bowl of red, ripe strawberries and I grabbed it and put it in my cart. But then I turned away for just a second and when I turned back, my cart had been moved and I could see it, but some other person was taking it away from me and I was so ticked off because that meant I had to go outside, get a new cart, and start all over again!
Lot of symbolism in that for me.

No comments: