Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Excitement at my house

Had I left work just FIVE minutes earlier yesterday.... I would have made it home.

But when I got to my street the cops had both ends blocked off from my house to Tye's house.

Cops, with guns drawn were swarming into Athalee's back yard.

They were using Dunton's house as a "headquarters" and kicked all of them out.

I had planned to go grocery shopping on my way home. So glad I didn't because I didn't get home until 8pm.

Apparently someone behind Duntons was trying to commit suicide.

Now that is not the story I got from the neighbor who lives beside me.

She gave me --- via text --- some cacamammy story about a bank robbery.

Some people never change.

When I first got there and had to park at the church, I called George and told him to see if he could walk down the street to the church and we'd go get dinner and wait til the cops let us come home.

And then I held my breath.

Because, seeing as how neither of us knew exactly what was going on at that moment, we were a bit worried the cops would see a bald brown mexican walking down the street and mistake him for the bad guy.

But thankfully the cops didn't approach him.

Exciting times in Taylorsville..... I could do without them.

No comments: