Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Now I know what a Meth addict feels like....

I am notorious for doing "marathon views" of shows that I like. But never have I done a marathon like the one George and I did the past four days. We watched all five seasons of "Breaking Bad" in four days. Actually less than that.... three days.

We didn't sleep. (staying up until 2 and 3 am). We hardly ate.

We didn't see the light of day.

It was............. fun and it was............. shameful. LOL.

My dreams, (when I did sleep) were like episodes of the show. But I was in them.

It was surreal.

The writing on the show is excellent. The show itself, I kept saying to George, is addictive. Like Meth.

The closer we came to the last episode available for viewing.... the more anxious we got. Knowing it was almost over.... we kind of panicked.

How dumb is that?

At least we could laugh at ourselves and at the situation.

We went out to eat yesterday, made ourselves come up for air. Made ourselves take a break. But driving to the Village Inn, I felt spacey. I felt extremely tired. I felt so out of it. I seriously felt like I was coming off a binge of some sort and I told George it was not a good feeling.

He agreed.

So, now we have to wait a week for each of the final four episodes.....   kind of a gradual detox I guess.....

Pretty intense.

No comments: