Friday, October 25, 2013

Fried Rice


fresh bean sprouts

green onions

Make rice night before

mushrooms


shredded carrot
Oyster sauce - secret ingredient

I have been craving some really good fried rice. I made some the other night using brown rice. Had to throw it all out. I'm sorry but white rice is essential for good fried rice.

So I made a pot of medium grain white rice the other night and put it in the fridge to get cold overnight.

Last night I came home and cooked one egg. Just heat the fry pan with a little bit of oil, get it hot, beat the egg with a fork but don't add anything to it. Pour in hot oil. let it cook a minute or two and flip over and cook the other side.  Set it aside. Heat some more oil in the fry pan (I used vegetable oil because it tastes better than olive oil. You could also use peanut oil. You only need a tablespoon or so. Stir fried chopped mushrooms, green onions, half a regular Vidalia onion,  bean sprouts, sliced napa cabbage, and carrots. Add a little soy sauce. Remove that from pan. Add a little more oil (maybe half a tablespoon)  and then fry the rice for a minute or two (you don't really want to make it crunchy fried, more like just heat it through.)  Chop up the cooked egg and add to rice, add the veggies back in. Then add a couple tablespoons of Oyster Sauce. That is the key ingredient.  Remove from heat. Eat.

Some granulated or fresh garlic would be good too. I don't like to add peas to mine. I will do some ham or pork that has been cooked and is left over, but this time I was in the mood for all veggie. I'm eating it for lunch right now and leftovers taste just as good as fresh.

I think I will make more tonight. Yum. Yum.

Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese... I really think so......

No comments: