Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Spanish Rice a la Hernandez







I'm brave. At least I think so. 

I have never used a rice cooker before and my first attempt at it.... I did not follow a recipe.
I created my own.
And it was AWESOME. 

Swanson now has this Mexican Tortilla soup broth, prepackaged. 

It is AMAZING.

So I created some absolutely delicious rice.

I took two cups of brown basmati rice. Rinsed it thoroughly (according to rice cooker directions). 

I put that in the cooker. 

Added four cups of the Mexican Tortilla soup broth.

And about half tablespoon of butter. 

Then about 3/4 of the can of Rotel (the 15 oz size can)

Stirred it up.

I shut the lid and hit the "Brown Rice" button.

And I thought "Is that it? Is that all I have to do to have perfect rice?" 

Can it really be that easy? 

Yes.... Yes it can. 

No comments: