Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm a happy camper!


David has been playing with his new camera and I am the focus of his photos.... oy.

Diet is going well. Day 16 and I am down 14 pounds. People are finally starting to really notice!

I admit it was kind of hard today not to eat a donut. Every friday they bring donuts to work from my FAVORITE donut place in West Valley.

OH MAN... they were part of my "load days" in the beginning of the diet. And I wanted one today SOOO MUCH.

But I ate my crab and cucumber and apple and I was full so the donuts did not look tempting anymore.

Work has been crazy busy this week. Half my dept is gone next week for usability testing of our prototype product. Keeping fingers crossed that the company starts making money. I don't want to be out of a job.

I'm very happy these days. Meeting George tomorrow. We have an all day date. Starting at Temple Square, and then Joseph Smith Memorial, and wherever life leads us. He is such an awesome guy. I'm really glad Keith set me up with him. I trust Keith completely. Up until meeting George.... I would have said Keith was THE most spiritual and humble person I have ever known. But George.... I think he tops that.

Knowing George has caused me to start reading my scriptures daily. Really READING and PONDERING. Because he loves to discuss gospel things and well.... I better know what I am talking about. Knowing George has caused me to start praying again on a more regular basis. Prayer is a HUGE part of his life.

He radiates a light, that just touches a lot of people. He's funny, and talkative, and just cool. He is not afraid to say what he thinks. Even if it shocks or offends people. He says what he thinks and it's the truth. He gets that bold streak ( I think) from when he used to be a Born again christian. I see some of that carry over into his Mormon life. I think it blows some fundamental mormons away. LOL. They are not quite sure what to think of him.

I think he's pretty cool. And can't wait to get to know him better.

3 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

That's awesome. I think the more you are able to say no to temptation, the easier it will be. I've found that to be true:) And good luck with George...can't wait to hear about him. Sounds like a winner!

travelady said...

That is a great picture of you!!!! Keep up the great dieting....your one hot lady!! George sounds great....prayer is great....

Caroline said...

So...how was the big date?