Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mmmmm good home cooking









George comes home tomorrow and one thing I know he is looking forward to is some of my down home cooking! I am going to make Pozole rojo (for the first time).... and I hope it comes out good. And then I am going to make my awesome and amazing guacamole cheeseburgers. OOOOH even David is hooked on the burgers!!




I chop up sweet onion and mix with the ground beef. Add granulated garlic, and lemon/pepper seasoning. Fry in the pan with the lid on, so it stays moist and juicy. Melt cheese on the top, then take off the heat and cover with foil (this also makes the juices stay in the burger) while I toast the bun. While the bun is toasting, I mix half an avocado (mashed) with a dollop (small spoonful) of mayonaise. Spread that on the toasted bun - both top bun and bottom bun. Put on the burger, then tomato, and lettuce, ketchup, etc. OOOH baby. It's amazing. I can't even get my mouth around it. I have to eat with a fork.




The pozole has pork in it. And roasted hot peppers, onions, hominy, enchilada sauce, garlic, etc.... and should be awesome. I'm making a big batch so we can eat it several times, so I hope it comes out good. LOL.




I am also making a batch of my "9 3/4 hot sauce). On a scale of one to ten --- ten being extremely mouth burning hot -- this is 9.75. I can't even eat it. But George LOVES it. I think that guy has a cast iron stomach. I can't even eat a drop of it. David likes it, but he about burned his mouth too.




The weather should be amazing on Saturday. Up in the 80's. I hope so. We'd like to go up Millcreek Canyon and do a little bit of hiking and sight seeing. Maybe a picnic or something. Just a chance to soak up some sun. It's been raining toooooo long.

1 comment:

Hotflash said...

Just and update: my pozole came out AMAZING! George LOVED it. (and believe me, he would have told me if he didn't care for it. He is a PICKY eater when it comes to mexican food).
He loved it so much he took the recipe back with him to Oahu so he can make it himself.