Thursday, May 31, 2012

I tried the shiritaki, tofu noodles

I made beef stir fry last night. I used green onions,  portabello mushrooms, zuchinni, brocolli, napa cabbage, and steak strips. I forgot the red peppers!! Dumb. Dumb. I stir fried that in a little EVOO and some toasted sesame oil. Then I made a sauce of soy sauce, mirin,  rice vinegar, and cornstarch.

I rinsed the shiritaki noodles really, really well. Then boiled them in boiling water for 2 minutes and drained them.

Threw those in the stir fry. All of the recommendations I have read about the tofu noodles, says to let them sit overnight in whatever you make them in. So I refrigerated the stir fry and had it for lunch today. It's not bad. Not bad at all.

I would NOT use these noodles as you would spagetti. I think they would taste yucky in a tomato sauce. But they are perfect for stir frying.

However, since I can't find them in my grocery stores, and I had to order it off amazon... I don't think I will bother using them again. I can substitute other asian noodles just as easily.


No comments: