Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Who do they think I am???











Yes I am STRESSED! 

S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D

I keep getting projects piled on me at work that I don't feel qualified for..... but I have to do them! And they are HARD!!!!

I'm not a technical writer. I'm a creative writer. I put little smilies, and pictures, and clip art in things. I have to write, and revise our standard operating procedures and I want to put PICTURES in them! 

It is sooo hard for me to write things technically. I am not a technical person!!!  

And they want me to REMEMBER all kinds of things. And my mind does not remember half of it... and I tried to write stuff down but I could not REMEMBER half of what I needed to write down!!!

And something is going on here at work because people are snappy at each other, and getting angry over silly things. Making mountains out of mole hills.... flying off the handle easily.... (and I am talking about OTHER people... not me)

And now they want to give me a year of training to be an internal auditor.  YIKES. I always said "I hope they never want me to do auditing" because it's a tough thing to do.  I can't even understand the worksheets that go with it.

Guess what! I'm the one they picked because they think nobody else in the company could do it. Oh gee, Lucky me! 

My sister says to look on the positive side, that it is "job security".  

Yeah. Ok. I see that. BUT--- it is HARD and I am afraid I shall SCREW IT UP!!!

People here are losing their job if they screw up, or don't be productive. We hired a sales force. They didn't make sales, so three months later we fired the whole lot of em! 

We are having problems with our German distributor who is modifying our devices and that is a big legal no-no and we are getting in trouble for it and boy is that a big bruhaha that I am in the middle of!! HOLY cow. 


I am thankful for my job. I am. Truly. I need it. I (apparently) am good at it. (at least the rest of the employees think so). And I have insurance which I could not live without.

But the STRESS (which I mostly put on myself) is just driving me loo-loo.

I did get some technical writing books awhile ago... they did not help. Not much. My brain does not function that way. I think in pure creative mode. Not a logical brain cell in my head. I operate on pure emotion.

I volunteered to do the visiting teaching message handouts in my ward because I hated how plain they were and so I do full color ones with illustrations! They look amazing! I love that job! That's right up my ally!

But doing boring, blah, blah, step-by-step, technical explanation of how to do things and making sure I cover every single step, and yada yada yada.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And then, lucky me, I get to TEACH everybody HOW to do what I wrote.
Oh joy. Oh wonder. Oh shooooooooooooooot.


No comments: