Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ugh.... no sleep


Went to bed early last night because I knew I had to get up at 4:30am this morning to take George to TRAX. He had been traveling all day so he went out like a light. LOUD snoring right in my ear. I could not sleep because of that.... and the dog that barks ALL NIGHT LONG.

I fell asleep a little after midnight and then woke up at 1:30am. I never fell back asleep. Oh and at 2am a cat joined in howling with the dog. Cats sound like babies crying.... I hate that.

The alarm went off at 4:30 and I got up and made George breakfast while he grabbed a quick shower and we made it to TRAX about 5 minutes before the train came.

I was going to go back home and go to bed, but I figured it would only make me more tired. So I came to work at 5:45.

I really feel for people with insomnia. I don't know how they do it. I could not function if I laid awake night after night after night. It would just kill me. I know a lot of people who function on only a few hours of sleep, but I'm not one of them. Actually, right now I feel fine and fully awake. But I know it will catch up to me later and I have a busy day at work.

Oh well.... I'm thankful it only happens occasionally. I can live with it.

No comments: