Monday, November 25, 2013

My Philosophy This Year..........





I have more than enough. I have so much stuff that I have no room for it. 

I have a family who is very blessed and really doesn't need more "stuff". 

At least not stuff that is just stuff.

Stuff you can really use..... is good.

Stuff you actually do want.... is fine.

But to spend money on a gift that you don't even know if the person wants, or likes, is dumb. 

Especially if you do not have "unlimited" funds. 

It is more likely you have some extra spending money THROUGHOUT the year.... not just in December. 

At least that is true for me. 

Because in December my car insurance comes due. 

In December I have airline tickets to pay for (usually). 

And add to that having to buy "stuff" for a zillion people........ it causes stress.

And stress destroys the holiday spirit.

And "stuff" is not what this holiday is about. 

Last year I opted to give a gift of a spa day to the girls. 

A day when all four of us could go out and have an experience. 

Together.

Ok, so here it is a year later and we never did it because we could not all get the same moment in time off....

But, it is the thought that counts right? 

And it's still good for next year. 

Maybe we won't be able to go all four of us at once. Together.

Maybe I will have to modify it....and take one at a time. 

But we will get there. 

So, for me it isn't about "stuff" anymore.

I want to give "experiences". 

I wish I was rich enough to book a cruise or trip to Hawaii for the entire family.

Maybe someday. 

But not this year.

So it will be experiences I can afford. 

And hopefully they will appreciate it.

I think they will.

Because they are pretty awesome. 

And if I do get them "stuff" it will be "stuff" I know they REALLY REALLY want/need. 

Like the double stroller. 

To welcome my grandson to the world. 

I know it will be used. A LOT. 

That's a present I am happy to get. 

I have ideas for what I am going to give everybody. 

It may not be "stuff" that clutters up the house.

But hopefully it can be happy experiences that they smile back on. 

Merry Christmas.

No comments: