Monday, November 18, 2013

Operation Reorganization - Part 1. Face Your Fears.









The upstairs "Office" has become a hoarding paradise. A catch-all for every box, piece of paper, years of receipts, torn apart electronics, etc.... that has come through my front door.

People coming over? Quick, pick everything up and put it upstairs in the office.

Close the door.

Well, I want to start a home business and I was seriously thinking I had to buy a desk or table of some sort and set it up in my FRONT living room.

And yesterday it hit me.... My gosh, Michelle, you have a whole room upstairs that is already set up as an office. Why do you not use that?

Well........ I answered myself........ (because I do talk to myself... somebody has to)........ I can't even step foot in that office. I can't even open the door. I can't see the floor.

I have been following a gal who is phenomenal and such an inspiration to me. And she has transformed herself over the past two years. She just ran the New York Marathon last week. And she has been cleaning and organizing her house and posting it. It has been such an inspiration to me. Seriously. She rocks. So I decided if she can do it (and she has SEVEN kids... while I have just one at home who never shows his head outside of his room unless he's hungry).  If she can do all this.... so can I.

I walked upstairs to take the "before" photos. (Shown above) and it overwhelmed me. I lost my burst of energy and felt suddenly lost. I had no idea where to start.

I told her this. And she said these words. "Start in one corner. Or just one box. Go. Do it. Now. "

And those words "Go. Do it. Now." really motivated me.

So I grabbed two black garbage bags and headed up to the beast.

45 minutes later, I had filled the bags.

I barely made a dent in the room.

But it was a beginning.

And each day I will do a little bit more.

And it should start to look better very quickly.

And I am going to post Susie's words on my fridge. "Go. Do it. Now".

Because something about them.............. made me get up and do it.


No comments: