Monday, November 4, 2013

Totally Freaky Dream I had Last Night

In my dream I had just arrived at work and everybody was really upset. I learned all communication was down. No phone, no cell phone, no internet, no radio. Still had electricity, but just no communication.

Some of us got in a car and went to the gas station down the street. You could buy stuff and gas but only with cash. No credit cards or debit cards could be used because there was no communication with the banks.  I was suddenly alone in my own car and flying down the road to Chase bank to use the ATM to get out as much cash as I could. But the ATM was already empty and a sign was on it saying out of order. I went inside and the teller told me I could get $500 in cash but no more than that. And she gave me small bills but said soon she would be out of small bills. 

Then I was at home and there was still no phone, no TV, no internet. No netflix, no amazon, nothing. People were outside in the street talking and nobody had a clue what was going on. We couldn't get information from any sources. 

Then I was at Village Inn and looking at the newspaper machine they have in the front. There was a big headline that said all communication in the United States was destroyed. Somebody hacked into the communication satellites and caused them to self-destruct. But ONLY in the US. All other areas of the world were fine. 

The only way to communicate was by short-wave radio. 

There was no mail. Businesses were shutting down. Utilities were staying on. We still would have water and electricity. But no packages would be delivered, no orders to stores, no regular postal mail. 

Hospitals would still function. Newspapers would print what they could learn from word of mouth or through people with short wave radios. 

There would be no news from the government. No planes flying at all because communication towers were down and radar was down.  (all this info was in the newspaper)

And then there was a letter from a terrorist in the newspaper saying that they wouldn't kill American Citizens because crippling the communications is more effective and would wipe out life for the entire US. It would cause complete collapse of the economy. 

I couldn't contact ANYBODY to see how they were and all I felt was EXTREME panic. 

I woke up breathing heavy. It was FREAKY. 

2 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

Sounds like a good idea for a book.

Hotflash said...

I agree. Which reminds me that I want your laptop. :-)