Monday, April 13, 2009

PURGING HEART MIND AND ..... PHOTOS

This Easter weekend I got to thinking about the Resurrection, and spring, and renewel, and starting over, and how life goes on and we learn from mistakes etc.. etc....

So Saturday night I shredded EVERY SINGLE photo I had of Alberto and I. I shredded all the mementos I had kept (ticket stubbs, journal entries, poems, cards, brochures. I ripped up all the clothes (Tshirts from Bike Week in Daytona, and other things). I threw away the jewelry. I destroyed it all. I had kept it in a box for about a year, but now I am ready to let go of everything.

It felt really good!! I had a huge black garbage bag full when I was done!

I deleted him from my phone and all my e-mails. I forgot to delete some photos off my home computer but will do that tonight.

I feel lighter. I am happier. I am so glad to have all that behind me. I didn't feel at all sad, or angry. I just felt......... DONE.

1 comment:

The Lamoreauxs said...

It's like the episode of Friends with the boyfriend burning. Ha ha.