Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring has sprung!



I'm loving this weather. But mother nature is threatening to haul winter back this weekend for a brief visit. How do we go from 80 degree sunshine to snow in a few days?

So, I am selling all my spanish CD's and some of my clothes and jewelry and stuff on amazon. Each purge is more glorious. LOL. David said to me this morning, "Mom, I can tell you are REALLY serious this time about not ever talking to Alberto again."
I said, "Yep. It is over. I thought we could at least be friends, but it's not going to happen. I don't want to have him in my life at all. Ever. Period. End of story." It took me a loooong time to take baby steps to get here. First I packed up all my photos and memorabilia in a box. That sat there for a year or two.
Then I quit talking to him. Then I allowed some conversations and it just made me realize nothing ever changes with him. So then I pulled away, and then I was just friends, and then I was thinking about taking him back, and then I let go..... etc.... but now the door slammed shut and I have deleted everything from my life. E-mails are blocked. Phone numbers deleted. Addresses shredded. Everything.
So now I focus on my health because I seriously feel like something is really WRONG inside. I have had numerous tests that come back normal, so I don't know what the deal is. Guess I will figure it out.
I get another epidural injection the day after tomorrow. Last time it knocked me out for 3 days which Dr. Byrd says is NOT normal. So I hope it does not do that this time. I have too much to do! My sister is getting married next week and I need to get my house cleaned up and stuff for the couple of nights that she and Rick are staying with me.
Mother's day is coming up. I think that is why I am missing my mom so much all of a sudden. I have been so weepy lately and just wanting to pick up the phone and call her. My dad has become incredibly NEEDY lately and has been calling me 3 and 4 times a day and I just cannot talk to him that much so I ignore the call and then he gets mad...... but he forgets that he talked to me and so he tells me the same stuff over and over and over and over and over.
I love him dearly, but I wish he would go to an assisted living center. I think he would be happier.

No comments: