Friday, June 18, 2010

LOL


Mark and Angela got in a bind this morning and Mark called me at 6:15am (woke me up) to see if there was anyway David could babysit Melly Belly cuz she was under the weather and daycare wouldn't take her and the back up plan couldn't and he had to work the Sugarhouse store and Angela had 3 conference calls.

Well... David did not go to bed till 6am. But luckily.... I was off today so I volunteered.

It was fun. At first when she got here, of course, she didn't want her daddy to leave so she was rather clingy. Then she didn't know me from Adam so she wanted brother David. But I got down on the floor and played with her and won her over in about 15 minutes and she was stuck to me like glue for the rest of the morning.

I even got her to SLEEP!!

Poor baby. She is teething and she has a bit of a cold (runny nose) and that has to make anybody cranky and miserable. I found a teething toy and had David put it in the freezer for a few minutes to get it cold and she LOVED that. It felt so good on her gums. She was a happy camper.

Then after Angela picked her up, David and I went to see the new Shrek movie. It was pretty good. Not as good as the first and second but better than the third. A few parts of it were absolutely HILARIOUS --- "Do the roar!" is a line that will have you rolling.

Then I dropped David off at Marks and I am now home waiting for George to get home (to his Kauai home) and we will have our Friday night date night via telephone. We have committed to having a date night EVERY Friday night. It is tradition now and will continue after we are married. We have so much fun talking about just everything. Or reading to each other, or singing. Whatever strikes our fancy. We spend several hours on the phone on Friday nights. It's so good to always have a date night even if you are 3000 miles apart.

George sent me the book he wrote. It's 72 pages long. All written by hand. And illustrated. And colored. He is so proud of this book. I have read it 5 times. It gets better each time. It's kind of.... how shall I say.... "DIFFERENT." It is a "Spiritual Fairy Tale" and it is called "Enter My Kingdom".

It's a TRUE story about he and I. It starts in the pre-existence where we knew each other and loved each other and found out we were being sent to earth to different parts of the world and different families etc... and we were sad. Then it talks about how we were searching in our lives on earth.... that something inside of each of us was searching for the other... and how the Lord was watching all of this and through our lives he guided us on our paths so that we would find each other. It talks about how I prayed for my soul mate.... and how George prayed he would find somebody and how those prayers were answered. Then it talks about us getting married, and gaining exaltation.

It's a cool story. It rhymes in places, and um.... "tries" to rhyme in other places. George is SO PROUD of this story. He has read it probably 50 times. He wants me to have my kids read it. I don't care if they do, but because they don't really know him, our the real deep story of how we came together... they are gonna think it's a bit strange. But I think it's a wonderful love story and a really cool "spiritual fairy tale".

I have myself a really deep thinking man. I just love it. He loves the Lord very much and he understands many things about the gospel, even though he has not been taught about them yet. He JUST KNOWS.

No comments: