Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another Amazing Recipe



Home made fish soup. I didn't use a recipe and to be honest, I don't remember exactly what I put in this, but oh my golly it was sooooo good!

I took a couple of large sweet onions and a couple of tomatoes and chopped them up. Also a couple of jalapenos and serrano chilies. I sauteed them in a tablespoonful of oil and then threw in about 5 or 6 cloves of freshly minced garlic. Then I put in 4 cups of chicken broth. And a couple cups of water.

I added some lemon pepper seasoning, salt, cumin, chili powder, and granulated garlic. Let it simmer about 10 minutes. Then I threw in a bag of defrosted "seafood mix" (it's in the frozen seafood section of my grocer and has little squids and all kinds of seafood bits in it.) and some cut up chunks of salmon, rockfish, tilapia. Let that cook about 20 minutes. Then I threw in a whole bag of cooked shrimp (I took the tails off first) and simmered that about 5 or 10 minutes.

We ate it with crackers crushed up in it and it was soooooooooooooooooo good.

It's even better the next day and we had it with some garlic toast.

I just finished it up for lunch today. Oh so yum. But I did have to pick out the squid bodies cuz those just didn't look appetizing. (which you can see if you look at the picture above of the seafood mix and see the little legs.... ) I cooked them... I'm sure it gives great flavor, but if one landed in my bowl.... it went to the dump. LOL.


No comments: