Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Visits from Dad K.

I dreamed about my former father-in-law last night. I was at a Kramer party, but he was very ill in the hospital and nobody seemed to be all that concerned, but I kept thinking "If there's a family party and he is too sick to be at it, then he's not doing well."

I went to the hospital to see him, and he was trying to leave AMA. I tried to convince him to stay, but he said no. So Mom K, Dieter and I were getting him ready to take him home.


The nurses weren't moving fast enough and Dad was getting very irritated with them. I kept trying to take his mind off things so the time would go faster for him.

He kept asking me if I had done the cooking for the party. I told him I had made some things, but other people brought stuff too. He kept telling me he wanted my food when he got home. I hoped there would be some left.

Weird dream. I don't think it means anything. But it was just..... weird..... Though it was nice to see Dad again even though he was ill. It was still him. Love that man. He's like a dad to me. I miss him.

2 comments:

dollatstorediva said...

Weird, Dad rarely ever got irritated. Such an example of taking things easy and letting the unimportant stuff just roll off your back. We were all very lucky to have him for our father-in-law. A great Patriarch and a kind, gentle man who raised his sons to be kind and gentle as well.

Hotflash said...

Oh I saw him irritated a few times. But yes, mostly he was mellow. In the dream he just wanted to be with the family at the party and did NOT want to be in the hospital.

I don't think that dream was anything important. Not one of "those" dreams that I often get. But it did have some meaning for me... in a good way. :-)