Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Too hot to cook


  I ended up sitting in a hot car for 45 minutes yesterday waiting to pick up George from work. It wasn't his fault. I was about 25 minutes early and he was about 15 minutes late... LOL.  It was up in the 90s yesterday. I was sweaty and cranky.

So.... I did not feel like cooking for dinner and we are trying to eat out less and save more $$$$ and eat healthier, so I got creative.

While he was helping David work on his car, I chopped up some sweet onions, tomatoes, mini cucumber, jalapenos, mango, avocado, and created a mango-cucumber salsa. Added some Tapatio sauce, cumin, garlic, pepper, etc.  It was AMAZING. George and I ate the entire bowl!  We just ate it with chips (and he had a tortilla).


It was really really good and I wanted Michael and Bryttan to try it since I knew they were coming over... but they got there when the last bite was being consumed. Oh well. I will definitely make it again. It was not hot at all (as in spicy). It was just very fresh and very good tasting. I am making some more today for my lunch.


I can't think of anything more nutritious! Just chopped up fresh fruit and veggies. YUM.



No comments: