Friday, June 8, 2012

The way a Presidential Campaign Should Be.....


             I have to rant. I have to vent. I am stepping on my soap box here so please be patient.

The news is talking about all the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars that Romney and Obama are raising for their political campaigns.

It's like they are BUYING their way into the presidency. What is all this money going to? Television commercials. Posters. Stupid dumb idiotic campaign tactics.


You know what would REALLY impress me? We change the system of electing a president. And let me tell you HOW....

Let Romney and Obama take all those millions of dollars and DO SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR THE COUNTRY with it.  Let it be a competition to see who can do the most good with all the money. That would get me excited! That would get me interested in seeing the actual benefits of their having raised so many millions.

They could.... build homeless shelters. Pay off people's homes. Build hospitals. Orphanages. Create more jobs. Let them take those millions and millions of dollars and actually make a difference in people's lives.

Then they get together and "debate" about who did the most good. Let the people decide for themselves who knows how to make the biggest positive impact.

Oh this country has gone so far into greed, selfishness, and materialism! We're lost people! We are no longer a government BY the people and FOR the people. It's "who has the most bucks".  It's a race to see who can get the most dollar signs.

It's wrong. It's sad. And I'm sorry but I am tired of it. I'm tired of what is wrong with this country and how it is getting worse and worse. Corruption is everywhere.

The only thing we can do is try to make our corner.... our little piece of the planet better. That's all we can do.

I sure wish I had Romney and Obama's millions to do it with!