Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bonnie Raitt ROCKED Red Butte Gardens

 This picture was taken with my phone and unfortunately wasn't very good. But we were right down by the stage, about 5 rows back. Looks like more because of the yellow flowers/hedge in front of the stage, but really it was just 5 rows.

Mavis Staples, who is a blues singer for the past 60 years, came out first and she was AMAZING.

Then Bonnie came out and pretty much had everybody on their feet. It was pretty fun. But I started laughing during the middle of the concert and leaned over to Lisa and said "David would be laughing his butt off at all the old people here up dancing." Pretty much I would say 90 percent of the crowd was over the age of 45.  LOL.

I love the outdoor concerts at Red Butte. It's so fun. I wish I could afford to go to all of them.

For 62 years old, Bonnie sure looks good. And man can she play guitar! And that smoky voice of hers is just as good today as it was 20 years ago.

The only part of the adventure that was NOT fun was that I passed out. How embarassing.

Well, we had to stand in the 99 degree heat, and hot sun for almost two hours. I had a chair strapped to my back, and another on my shoulder. I hadn't eaten since 11am. And all of a sudden, I got sooooo dizzy and I knew I was going to pass out. I sat down in one of the chairs but it wasn't helping.

Lisa gave me a bottle of water. And right then, the line starts moving to go in. I could NOT get up out of the chair! Had to have three people pull me up. I started to walk, and got about 50 feet and my ears started buzzing, and everything was going black and I thought "UH OH" and then bam. I was down on the ground.

How embarassing. Some lady was asking if I needed 9-1-1 and I was like, "no, I'll be ok".  I stayed on the ground about 15 minutes, then I got up and made it inside the ampitheater. Sat on the sidewalk for awhile. Finally got hold of my friends on the phone to find out where they were and made it to them. Lisa pumped me full of water, crackers, cheese, and summer sausage. And then I felt a LOT better.

It was embarassing though. But at least I didn't hurt myself or break anything. I need to remember to eat before I go to those things.

No comments: