Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Facing my fears

Huh. Never expected to say this.

I'm afraid to eat.

Not afraid to eat my little WW meals.

But I'm afraid to COOK my own recipes.

I'm a very good cook. I used to teach cooking classes for 5 years. I used to cater. I used to have my own cookie business. (out of my home).

I am a really good cook. And I use the "best" ingredients such as unsalted butter, and imported vanilla, and high quality flours....

All the stuff that tastes amazing to the tongue and lasts a lifetime on the hips.

And I'm not just talking about baked goods. I'm married to a Mexican and I can make a mean taco, burrito, enchilada, tostada, and the best beans in the family.

Being on W.W. has been very "easy" so far. The most thinking I have to do is pick out a box from the freezer. The only cooking I do involves hitting "HIGH" for 3 minutes.

So my kids and their spouses are coming over for our traditional Sunday get-together for the first time since I started this program.

I can't offer them frozen entrees.

I have to cook.

I even bought a W.W. cookbook full of recipes.

So why am I scared out of my mind?

I have to start cooking again eventually. It's not good for anybody to live on frozen meals all of the time. I get that.

So why....... am I just frozen in fear?

And how......... do I ........... get past this............ without blowing it?

I even thought about fixing them "their" food and then I fix my own frozen.

But.... I need to face this food fear and get over it.

I need to start cooking again.

I feel like this is a no-brainer....... but in my brain...... the red warning alerts go off and say "Danger Will Robinson".....

Psyche..... pfffft.

No comments: