Tuesday, July 16, 2013

strange dream..... really strange.....

Dream
There was a long row of apartments, very old and very decrepit but people lived in them. I just moved into the one on the end (far left).
I hadn’t even looked through it, didn’t know what it looked like except the front room. The only furniture I had moved in was a chair and a TV.
I was watching TV and there was this bad fire that was threatening homes.
I opened the curtains in the room and realized the fire was directly across the street, and the homes that were being threatened, was my building.
I opened the door and looked out and there were tons of people there trying to help the occupants move their furniture out of the building and into the back yard to hopefully save it.  A fireman came to the door and was really irritated that I was there because he had been told nobody lived in that apt. I told him I had just moved in, that day, and none of my things were there yet except a chair and TV. For some reason he just seemed really annoyed with me like he didn’t want me to waste his time.
I looked outside and saw all the people dragging furniture out of the apt. beside me. It belonged to a young family with about 4 kids. One was just a tiny baby.
A part of me wanted to go out there and help these people but I was afraid I would hurt my back because I can’t lift anything. Plus, I didn’t know any of them as we had not been introduced yet.
The mom with the baby in her arms came over and asked to use my phone. I let her in and she also had a 2 year old with her. A little boy.
The little boy took off exploring and I was a little worried because I didn’t know if he could hurt himself since I had not even seen what was in the apt.
So I went around the corner to the kitchen and the floor was COVERED in dirt and leaves. Dirt and leaves were EVERYWHERE and there were all kinds of bugs and critters living in the kitchen!
The little boy had opened a cupboard and there was some creature that looked like a huge crab peering out of it. He was trying to grab it. I was freaking out because I didn’t know what it was. There was a snake, and bees, and mice, and bugs and spiders…..
The mom came around the corner and got him and I tried to talk to her and introduce myself but of course, she was in no mood to be friendly since she was trying to save her entire household. I apologized that the house was such a mess and that I had just moved in. I hadn’t even looked around yet and had no idea the kitchen was so bad.
She asked if I would watch the little 2 year old until her husband got there (that is who she called). I said ok.
I remember looking out at the backyard. Full of furniture. Lots of people. The fire was pretty much out across the street so they people had brought tons of food to feed the firemen and everybody and it kind of turned into a backyard barbecue.
I felt like I wanted to go out there and join them, but I didn’t know a single person and I hadn’t helped them at all. So I stayed in my apt.
It was getting darker and the little boy wanted to lay down and sleep. He seemed to know right where the bedroom was, so I followed him and he took me to the bedroom of my apt. There was no furniture in there, just a mattress on the floor. The floor in that room was cleaner though. So I let him lay down on it.
I was terrified to walk through the kitchen. There were so many creatures and that big black snake had disappeared and I didn’t know where it went.

Strange dream. 

No comments: