Friday, July 5, 2013

Success!


Amazing! I stepped on the scale this morning and 8 pounds are gone. EIGHT POUNDS!  I know that a lot of that is water-weight. I always gain when I go to Vermont because it's so humid. But still.... pretty darn good numbers there. Definitely keeps me motivated. I was expecting to only see 2 pounds gone.

I did a half hour on my bike yesterday. I'm hurting a little today but not too bad.

The food has been pretty good. I like that it is easy to just microwave it and not have to think about it. But it's more expensive to eat that way, so pretty soon I will have to start cooking again. I borrowed a weight watchers cookbook from the kindle library. It only has a couple of recipes that I want to try, but it's a start.  What I really need to do is sit down with my normal recipes and plug them into the recipe tracker so I know how many "Points" they equal and then just eat that stuff. But if it involves too much math, or too much having to "think" about it, I am less likely to stick with it. For me, the key is EASY.

Anyhow, I have one week behind me so let's head into Week 2 and see how it goes. A lot of my friends have done amazing weight loss recently so that is motivating to me. My sis-in-law Suz looks FANTASTIC!  She does the Shaklee 180 and I did look into that but that is so horribly expensive there is NO WAY I could afford it.

Anyhow.... it's Friday so hopefully this weekend will see me doing a bit more bicycling.

No comments: