Monday, May 25, 2009

Visiting Lisa's Marky.........


My friend Lisas' husband, Mark, is buried up in Heber and I went with her on Saturday to decorate his grave for Memorial Day. Came out rather sweet I think. The sign on the left says "Hooked on fishing" but it's hard to tell, because of the angle of the shot. And the sign on the right says "Gone fishing" and she had lots of cute little fishing ornaments dangling on it. The flag represents his active duty (he was in Special Forces). And then of course, some flowers.

Later that evening we went to see "Angels and Demons". I thought it was very intense, but I truthfully didn't understand a whole lot of it. Still, it was very good, but I imagine a lot of Catholics would be offended. It really makes the Vatican part of the church seem totally corrupt. And parts of the movie were very hard to watch. I had to close my eyes as the deaths were very gruesome.

I know how I would feel about a movie that made MY church appear to be corrupt. Would not like that at all.

Yesterday I took Karin and Brett to the airport. They are in London England. (at least I imagine they are there by now.... I know their flight was delayed here). David spent the weekend spelunking in St. George with his friend. Brian and Michael came over yesterday and we barbecued thick ribeye steaks on the BBQ, and had homemade potato salad, fresh chunks of water and honeydew melon, cantalope, corn on the cob, carmelized onions, and strawberry shortcake. It was sooooooooooooo good.

Today I was going to go to Lisa's for a bbq. But she called this morning and her poor knee is really in bad shape, lots of pain, very swollen, she can hardly walk. So we postponed the bbq for another day. It started hurting her really bad during the movie. I guess it got progressively worse. Hope it isn't permanent. She just had surgery on it not too long ago!

Well, I have laundry going, and need to clean up the house. So I am going now. Happy Memorial day to all my friends and family!

No comments: