Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We have our ISO audit yearly. We were told in January that it would be in March. Since I am the Document Controller I am required to be at this audit. It's like the biggest thing we have except an FDA audit.
Fine. Well, then they changed the date to April. Ok. No problem. I made my plans to Kauai and I TOLD the person in charge "I WILL NOT BE HERE FROM MAY 27 THRU JUNE 1."
Well, April came and guess what? The audit was rescheduled AGAIN!! This time for June 2, 3. I get back to Utah on June 1st so I thought, "Ok... no problem. I will be sleepy, but I will be able to work those days."
Today we get a message that the audit HAS to take place May 31st to June 2nd. (This is MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY!!!) There is no changing it. There is no rescheduling. And even though it is a US Holiday and the company is closed..... tough.
I about flipped my lid!!!
I went storming in there and said, "Look, I gave you TWO MONTHS notice that I would be out of town. I am NOT changing my plans! Back when I made this trip reservation I was assuming the audit would be all done and over with by May!"
I offered to get whatever documents he needs ahead of time, but I need to know what the auditor will be asking for! So hopefully I can find out.
Oh that just ticks me off so much. I really need to be here, but there is NO WAY I am cancelling this trip. Nuh uh. No. Not happening.
Grrrr

No comments: