Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Finally some GREAT news.


   George and I were a bit concerned because hardly any taxes were being taken out of his checks. I was sure that come April we were going to owe a couple thousand. So we started taking a huge chunk of his checks and putting it in savings so we'd have the money to pay the taxes.

I gave our info to my tax man last week.... told him to do his best but I was sure I'd be writing a check to the IRS.

Lo, and behold, we got a REFUND!!!  Not a big one. Just $200, but I'll take that over owing ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

So now........... all that money we set aside for taxes has been added to our "let's build a house" fund. Not sure if we are going to build, or if we are going to buy an existing. But we will definitely get into a house within a year.

I am so excited about that I can't hardly contain myself. LOL.


No comments: