Thursday, February 28, 2013

Update on Dad

*sigh.

So.... my dad is in the nursing home/rehab center. Still is not managing his pain because the only time they gave him a strong pain pill was that one time when Donna demanded it. She saw him today and she told the nurse to get the doctor to prescribe something stronger again -- even the Physical Therapists agreed he needed it because he is in so much pain he will not cooperate with therapy.

The therapists said that they think it will take approximately 12 weeks of rehab for him to get to a point where he could possibly go home. However, chances are he will not ever be able to go home unless he gets a live-in care taker.

Donna said he is still very confused and wakes up not knowing where he is. He still isn't eating much because he hates the food. Donna actually got the nurse to order him a pizza for dinner tonight. Hopefully he liked it and it agreed with him.

Anyhow...... I feel really bad for him. But it's going to take a few days to get adjusted. This is his first day there. So, we just need to give it time.

So while I'm worrying about him, I also have a dear friend who called me last night and wanted her life to end. She swore to me she wouldn't commit suicide but she wants God to take her. She is done living. All of this stems from a relationship that ended yesterday. It was doomed from the start and deep down she knew it, but she wanted it so badly she refused to see the red flags.

I was very concerned because her speech was slurred and she could barely talk or make sense and she finally told me she had taken two xanax.  (She usually only takes a half, so this was 4 times the normal amount). I wasn't sure if she'd wake up this morning so I made her text me to let me know she was still alive.

She was. But she is a mess. She is at the end of her rope. This man broke her heart to bits and she just wants to literally lay down and die.

In fact, she is making plans to die. she has this list of things to do, get her house cleaned up, get some stuff finished up at work, and then she wants her husband to come get her and take her to heaven.

I told her I think she may have a long wait because it doesn't work like that.

*** sigh..............  why is life so complicated?

No comments: