Monday, March 2, 2009

Woes, Whaaas and Duhs!


First the woes: My poor father who is 78 years old, frail, blind, and lives alone, had a low blood sugar on Friday while he was outside. He passed out and laid in the snow for 2 hours! When he came to, he could not get up. He does have a Life Alert bracelet/monitor so he pushed the button. Help arrived and transported him to the hospital where they stabilized his blood sugar and warmed him up (he was hypothermic). It just makes me cry to think of my dad laying helpless in the snow for hours.....
Now the Whaaaaa! I watched "Marley and Me." The book was way better than the movie, but I have to admit that at the end of the movie I bawled like nobody's business. I didn't just sniff, I WAILED. I have not cried that hard in a long time.
And finally the "duh".... my son-in-law gave me several packages of salmon and halibut from Alaska that he caught. I had everybody over for dinner sunday and told them several times during the week we were having "Maple glazed salmon"......... When we sat down to eat, Brett said, "This halibut is amazing!" I said, "Huh? It's not halibut... it's.... uh..... salmon....." He said, "Nooooooooooo, salmon is pink.... this is white. This is halibut."
I knew that. DUH!!!!

No comments: