Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yays and Woes........


First the YAY: Brian came home from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. He spent yesterday resting at home and was planning to go back to work today!
Woes: I have a problem with getting earwax impacted in my ears. Two weeks ago I tried ear lavage myself to get it out and didn't. I have had a ringing in my right ear ever since and then it started to hurt and felt like there was fluid in it so I went to the doctor yesterday.
The nurse or MA, did ear lavage on me and nearly made me pass out. She used so much force and pressure that she MADE MY EAR BLEED! It was not bleeding before... but it was bleeding after and today it is STILL bleeding and hurts so bad I could cry. And she didn't even get the wax out! Some of it came, but the rest is impacted so tight it won't budge and I could not stand the pain to let her keep trying.
We were told (when I trained to be a Medical Assistant) that you do need to squirt the syringe firmly, but NOT real hard........ and this gal just BLASTED it and refused to listen to me tell her she was doing it incorrectly. She said, "Hard and fast is how it has to be done."
Well, I think she made things worse and possibly ruptured my eardrum.
I am going to find a different doctor. I don't like that place at all anymore.
Oh, and on top of that.... they didn't even give me antibiotics so I am SURE this is going to end up as a raging ear infection. I am so mad.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That stinks! I had a nurse totally screw up an iv once, injected the fluid into my skin! I kept telling her she had to have missed the vein and that it was hurting, but she kept "assuring" me that pain was normal...Not when I was trained! Then she was given an order to give me an enema (I had an intestinal block) and I said hell no! I didn't want her touching me. There wasn't another nurse available to do it..so poor Nate did it! True love. I hope your ear gets better!