Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas Movie Marathon....


Ha...normally I do not allow Christmas music or movies or anything until the day after Thanksgiving. But since I had my thanksgiving last Sunday... I bent the rules. I've been watching all of my favorite Christmas shows.

The House Without A Christmas Tree (which David nicknamed "the grumpy daddy" movie)....








Rudolph.... where I get to sing "There's Always Tomorrow"....












Home Alone. One of my favorites.








The Santa Clause -- nobody could have played that part better than Tim Allen.









My favorite Scrooge version is the one with George C.Scott.







Santa Clause is Coming To Town..... with the Winter Warlock that used to scare me.










The Year without a Santa Clause -- probably my MOST favorite movie from childhood. Love Heat Miser and Snow Miser. And though I have seen this movie a hundred times... I still get teary eyed when they sing "I Believe In Santa Clause".







Watched this movie last night. One of my favorites and very difficult to find. I am so lucky I got a copy.








And of course..... Christmas is not Christmas without watching "It's A Wonderful Life"..... I have the black and white version, the color version, and the remake that Marlo Thomas did entitled (It Happened One Christmas".

Soon I will dig out my Christmas CD's and start playing the music all day at work. I'm trying hard to feel the spirit this year. I just don't have it. The Christmas spirit just is not in my heart. I just don't want to put up decorations, or buy gifts, or anything. I feel like I just barely did all this. It can't possibly be a whole year already!!!
I've turned into my mom. LOL





4 comments:

The Lamoreauxs said...

I think we need a service project! Let's see if you feel the Christmas spirit after we help people that really have nothing...that's what it's really about, after all.

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more! It's not Christmas for me until I watch It's A Wonderful Life... usually on Christmas Eve! I wrote a song called George Bailey, would love for you to take a listen via the website below. Happy holidays!

Carolyn
http://carolynsills.com/Original_Music.html

Hotflash said...

Carolyn! You wrote that? Too cool! You are a woman with many talents I did not know about! Awesome!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Hotflash said...

Karin, I have spent the whole year doing service projects. I have given away more than you will ever know. But that is not what the problem is... it's just that this came up so fast, I'm not ready for it. I have the Christmas spirit in my heart.... I just don't have the energy or desire to shop, decorate, bake, etc.... :-)