Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Sunday will find my home filled with the aroma of roasting turkey, stuffing, yams, potatoes, gravy, and food spread from one end of the counter to the other. Pecan pie, pumpkin, and apple pies..... with homemade whipped cream slathered on top.





The sounds of chatter, teasing, singing, piano playing, laughing, and murmurs of "Oh, I'm STUFFED"........
will float on the air.
Perhaps I'll haul out the Christmas tree? I usually put it up the day after Thanksgiving. Not really in the mood this year. But maybe that will help the mood.
Maybe we'll watch a movie, or play a game, or haul out the Wii.
Whatever the day holds, it will be a day of Thanksgiving for all of the blessings we have been given. I'm am most thankful for my wonderful children, who have all grown into such amazing adults (or in David's case, teenager). I am thankful for our relationship. I have observed so many of my friends' families who just fight and bicker, and say the meanest and nastiest things to each other. Families who don't laugh together -- ever. Families who just push each other's buttons or who can't stand to be in the same room with each other. It makes me sad, and it makes me so grateful that my family is not like that.
So for this thanksgiving, I don't give thanks for an abundance of food as much as I give thanks for an abundance of love....................

1 comment:

travelady said...

Awesome....Happy Thanksgiving!