Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Health Challenges


So I found out today that a member of the Kramer family (Todd's sister Carolyn is the grandma of Keira the little girl), is facing a battle. Keira has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and is starting chemotherapy today. Because of her age and being female, her odds are good that she can be cured. So many thoughts and prayers going out to her and her family. Her mom, Megan, is around Karin's age. I'm sure this is just horrible to face.

And then the second thing I learned was that my friend Lisa suffered a stroke. And she did NOT tell me. I found out from her daughter. So that sort of ticks me off. Lisa used to tell me EVERYTHING and I can't believe she kept this quiet.

I knew she was having tests. Brain MRI, and other things because she was dizzy and confused. She never told me what the results were. And she seems to be ok. But yeah, I found out today. And she doesn't know that I know. I will keep quiet and see if she tells me. We are supposed to go to a movie while George is out of town.

My dad is talking a lot about dying. He is so lonely. He is so frustrated. I wish I could help him. I wish I lived closer. He needs somebody to clean and cook for him.

No comments: