Monday, April 2, 2012

La Cocina de Bob y Jorge






Had ourselves a fiesta yesterday. I hope the kids had as much fun as me and George did. We worked HARD at preparing an "authentic" homemade, fresh, organic, mexican meal.

We started on Friday night by cooking the brisket in the crockpot ALL night long. And soaked the beans overnight as well.

Then we cooked the beans all day Saturday and ran all over town getting ingredients for everything.

On Sunday morning we rolled the flautas, refried the beans, chopped up fresh avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, roasted peppers, etc to make guacamole and pico de gallo. Nothing tastes better than FRESH! I made spanish rice too. From scratch. Nothing we made was from a box. Everything was made from scratch.

I made tres leches cake on Saturday. Boy that turned out yummy. And then we made lime slushies (my version of virgin margaritas).

We ate just about everything. And we had a blast playing with Adelyn, and talking, and playing "Who's got the Quarter".

Yum. Yum. The food was NUM! I hope the kids all enjoyed it too. I think they did. Most everybody had seconds of everything. LOL.

No comments: