Thursday, April 12, 2012

War of Confusion and We Know Why......



I'm going to spout my own beliefs here and I do not claim to be 100 percent right in what I say.

But I think that there is a mighty
battle raging.


The war between good and evil is real. We are at a point in history where there is a "good" man running for president.
Is he perfect? no.
Is he going to be able to do everything he says? I doubt it. But not because he won't try, it will be because congress may not work with him.

However, I feel he is a GOOD man who has the ability to help this country turn around. I have seen what he did when Utah had egg on its face over the Olympics and Romney stepped in and pulled us out of it. He has done good things as governor of Mass.

He's Mormon. So what? I would like him no matter what his religion is.

Over the past few years the adversary has stirred up a LOT of controversy for the "Mormon" church. So much negative light is cast on it. Due in large part to the whole FLDS church which is NOT associated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. But because of that scandal, people think we are one and the same.

Not so.

Then there is a blatently sacriligious play done about the Book of Mormon. Oh that is really going to help!

We get David Archuletta.... good kid. Gains fame. And thankfully does not get all holier than thou and go the way of the world... nope. He is humble and thankful and has decided to serve a mission. Drop out of fame, and serve the Lord for two years. Good for him!!!!!

People don't know the truth about the church. They only hear the bad. They think we are a bunch of weirdos. They think WE are the polygamy wives of the FLDS.

All this bad publicity has been stirred up the past years in preparation for THIS year.... when a member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter day Saints would run for president. Hello.... we believe in JESUS CHRIST. See, it's in BIG letters. We read the Bible. We pray to God the Father in the name of Jesus Christ.... hello. We are Christian.

We are not perfect.
As a church, we are not perfect. We are human. We are good people though for the most part.

My inner beliefs differ somewhat from what the church teaches in a few areas, but I figure we will all find out the truth eventually when we get to where we're going in the next life. Meanwhile... my philosophy is to do good here. Be a good person. Help others. Live, Love, Laugh. "By their fruits ye shall know them." Who bears good fruit? Many people.

So, I kind of hope Mitt wins the race and that he is able to show the world that while our culture is "different"... we are normal people. Good people. Christian people. And I hope he can get the country back on track. Because I believe he has heavenly help... and if he is meant to be President, he will be. And if he is not... then so be it.

My rant may not make sense.... but I don't care.

Keep in mind that I was all for Obama 4 years ago. But he disappointed me and its not all his fault. Congress has fought him on everything.

I just wish we could have peace on earth.... prosperity.... and more good news. Less bad news. No wars. No predjudice. Peace and harmony for ALL races, religions, sex, orientations, whatever.

But that, I know, is asking too much. So for now.... Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst, and Take what comes.

No comments: